Evreux 48hr – 36hrs (three-quarters of the race gone)
At 36 hrs William had covered 159.44 / 256.6 km. He now has to try and run around circa 54.5 miles / 87.70 km during the next 12 hours if he is to break his own PB for 48hrs (and to break his own Scottish Overall Indoor 48hr Record of 213.92 miles / 344.267 km) – but doing so is looking to be tough going.
William’s progress over the last 6 hours :
- 31 hrs 139.25 miles / 224.1 km ( 1.99 mph / 3.20 kmh )
- 32 hrs 144.82 miles / 233.06 km ( 5.59 mph / 9 kmh )
- 33 hrs 145.61 miles / 235.94 km ( 0.79 mph / 1.27 kmh )
- 34 hrs 151.38 miles / 243.62km ( 5.77 mph / 9.29 kmh )
- 35 hrs 155.71 miles / 250.6 km ( 4.33 mph / 6.97 kmh )
- 36 hrs 159.44 / 256.6 km ( 3.73 mph / 6 kmh )
(Figures above include time off-track) Giving an average speed over the last 6 hrs of circa 3.7 mph / 6 km (ideally William would be hoping to average around 4.5 mph / 7.25 kmh at this point in order to break his own PB).
However, while beating his own PB for 48hrs and setting a new overall Scottish Indoor Record is certainly the top target William would like to achieve, he is also looking to set a new M55 Scottish Indoor 48 hr record, and also to set a good M55 200 mile time – so even if one specific target is looking tough at present, there is still a lot to aim for in the rest of the race. And as a reminder, earlier in the race (subject to official confirmation/ratification by the governing bodies of the sport) William has set :
- M55 Scottish Indoor Track 12hr Record
- M55 GB Indoor Track 12hr Record
- M55 World Indoor Track 12hr Record
- M55 Scottish 100 mile Indoor Track Record
- and possibly the M55 GB 100 Mile Indoor Track Record (we don’t have access to a figure at present).
Plenty more coming up over the next few hours…